Friday, May 22, 2015

Texture, color and The Masters

Hi Everyone.
I was in New York City in April for some shows and museums with my fellow Design Team Member, Tami Sanders.
We spend a few days before attending Stencil U for The Crafter's Workshop (that's for another post).
 
I love going to art museums and we saw MoMa and The Met.
Gorgeous!!!
 
The one thing I love is standing in front of these paintings and see all the texture and color.
 
The first on is a Jackson Pollock titled Number 1A
 
 
 
Look at all the texture.
 
 
 
Bridge over a Pond of Water Lilies - Claude Monet
One of my favorites
 

 
Look at all the color and texture. Gorgeous.

 
 
This one is titled Evening, Honfleur by Georges-Pierre Seurat
Oil on canvas and even painted the frame.
He paints in in tiny dots.


Look at all the tiny dots.
I wonder how long it took to finish.
 

 
 
The next two are more of my favorites
Vincent van Gogh
Cypresses
 
 
 
Look at all the oil paint.
It was amazing to look at.

 
 
The Starry Night


 
Here is a close. Amazing to look at.

 
 
We also went to see the 911 Memorial.
I will share pictures of it in another post.
 
I do wanted to show you the buildings surrounding it.
I love that they are reflective.
 
 
 
That's it for now.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice visit with your friend! I have only been to MOMA once, and not long enough!! What a fabulous showcase of art- thanks so very much for sharing Karenliz!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz