Monday, May 4, 2015

Building Layers and Layers and Layers with Stencils

Today I'm going to show you how I created this tag.
As you can see it has many layers and you can see each stencil I used.


My first layer was created with these two stencils.


Using the dab on and off technique I added both stencils to the tag.

 

I rotated the stencils in different directions on tag.
  

After the first layer above I added a layer of white paint and sprayed it with water.
I let the white paint spread a little and dried it with a heat gun.
Next I added the 12x12 Damask stencil with pink paint to the tag.


To add another color I used Mini Oblong stencil for the next layer.
You can see each stencil I used. It gives it depth. I love it.
  

I wanted to use black on the tag. 
I decided to use the Mini Butterfly stencil.


I love the pop of black but I decided to add a little texture to the tag.
I love texture. I decided to use super heavy gesso though the butterflies on the stencil.
You can use modeling paste, molding paste or any texture paste.

Look at all these layers! Love!


Found the perfect quote to finish the tag.



Supplies:
TCW541 and 541s Believe Stencils
Scraps of string

Thanks so much for stopping by!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz