Thursday, May 14, 2015

Easy Layers with One Stencil - Two Sizes

I'm going to show you how to create a beautiful layered background with one stencil design but in two sizes; 12x12 and 6x6. I always buy both sizes and using them together creates more depth.
When creating a background for the first time with a stencil, choose a stencil design with repeating patterns. I'm using this stencil; TCW506 Stepping Stones. I'm also using acrylic paints on mixed media paper.


First step, I using the 12x12 Stepping Stones stencil with black.



Then I used the Mini Stepping Stone stencil but rotated the stencil.


Now for color; light purple. I used both sizes and moved the stencil around the paper.


I love the way the background is looking but I wanted to add a darker shade of purple.


This is the last layer, I'm finished.
Here is a close up.


It's easy.
Just keep moving the stencils around and change the color.
Using a background stencil is the easiest to use.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Like me on Facebook











1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz