Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

 HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY


I made cards for the special day.
Here is how I created them.

To create the background I used this stencil in both 12x12 and 6x6 sizes.


On mixed media paper once the paint was dried, I sprayed the paper with water and drips of different shades of green and blue inks on the paper.  I then sprayed it with more water and watched it spread.
I let it air dry.


To create to the rose focal I used this stencil.



I used light modeling paste though the stencil onto a piece of mixed media paper.
I sprinkled on glass beads and gently pressed them into the paste.
Used acrylic inks and water on the modeling paste. 
I just dripped it on the modeling paste and watch it spread.
Its really fun to do.


When it dries it looks like this.
Depending on the look of the flower I add highlights of glitter or pearl paint to the flowers and leaves. I cut out each flower and the leaves.


With the addition of lace I put the cards together.
Here are a few samples of the cards.
The roses are different on each one.





You can buy all The Crafter's Workshop stencils at Scrapbook.com.

There is a new Design Team for The Crafter's Workshop check out what they are creating HERE.

Happy Mother's Day
Thanks so much for stopping by!









4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Karenliz! I love how the Believe Script turned out looking like part of the background foliage. Also I love the lace draping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karenliz, these are gorgeous!!! I want to try this technique too!! Will you teach me? Your cards are stunning and I would buy a set! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. I can show you at the retreat!!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz