Friday, June 20, 2014

The Summer of Color 4 - Smudge, Splash and Pop

I joined a weekly color challenge on Twinkle, Twinkle, Sparkly Things & Such.
I thought it was a great way for me to challenge myself to use other colors.
Do you get stuck using the same colors?
My answer YES!
You post your link to their blog plus on their Facebook group.
You can see Week 2 HERE
 
This is week 2 colors:
 
Coral, Teal and a pop of White
 
I used a piece of watercolor paper.
Dictionary paper
Acrylic paints; cobalt teal, black, white and a mixed paints for the Coral but I haven't the foggiest idea what I used. It just happened which is always a good thing.
The Crafter's Workshop stencil: TCW309s Mini Love Birds
Ranger Ink Alpha Doodling Stencil
And the words are rub-ons I had on my table. Don't know the manufacturer.
 
 
 
Have you tried to challenge yourself with color?
Try it!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

 
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Both of those stencils work well with the colors this week. The bird is an art form I'm always drawn to, so this piece spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors!
    I've been having a tug on my heart about coral, grey, and a lighter teal for the wedding too! haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creation... super job with this weeks colour combo...you did a fabby job mixing up the coral...Yes I get stuck with the same colour palette too, that's why I like these particular challenges.. takes you right out of your colour comfort zones ! :) Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely, beautifully made, and you've used the SOC colours just perfectly. I agree with you, it's a good opportunity to get out of our usual colour schemes and I had to laugh when I read that you had no idea how you mixed the colour coral, I can relate to that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found these colors challenging as well. I love the dripping background letters. How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the black bird - really makes your SOC colours pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I love the quote, too! You used the SOC colors beautifully this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Really like the way the leaves just tip over the edge. It's always fun to be challenged to use different colours or combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this!! I love the contrast of the black bird!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeousness!! How did I miss this?( you should add a follow-by email bar) heehee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz