Monday, June 9, 2014

New Favorite Shape: Round - Be Strong

Art in the round.
My new favorite shape for art.
Can be challenging.
I started simply.
 
First I had heavy watercolor paper with a background on it already.
I'm trying to go through my stash of trial and error papers and use them.
I cut it to a 5 inch circle.
 
 
It looks like I used lots of stamps and maybe a stencil.
Sorry can't give you specifics.
The only thing I added with Distress Paint was the three pink circles.
 
When I looked at the back of the circle, I realized there was more of a background.
I decided to use the back of the circle instead.
I added the pink circles again with distress paint.
 
I use a stencil called Sally Carly (TCW356) from The Crafter's Workshop
Its the 6x6 size.
The silhouettes pop out so you can use the stencil many ways (as a stencil or a mask).
I decided to use black paint around the mask.
 
 
I ended up covering up most of the background so you can see the silhouette.
The hardest part will be to find a frame for it.
Any suggestions?
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 







 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz