Saturday, February 2, 2013

ONE precious life

Roaming around my favorite art stores I saw so many new products that I wanted to try but I stopped myself from buying anything. Those who know me will be shocked I didn't buy anything.  I decided this year I'm going to work with what I have and look at all the new products coming out this year and really decided which ones I'm going to use and then buy from there. How many of you have art supplies or scrapbooking supplies that you haven't touched yet?

This journal page I decided to use great stand by supplies of distress inks and stains; Dylusions stencil, photo and alpha stamps for the quote. 

decide to make every single day
the very best day of your
precious life

Going back and using the supplies I really love really made me realize I need to be more selective with what I want to buy.
Also, I had a few emails me asking where my photos come from. I would say 95% of the time they are mine. The other 5% are photos I have found or stumbled across on sites offering them for free. This particular photo is on a sheet of photos from ARTChix Studio.  I have so many photos all cut and ready to use. I just have to figure out a better way to keep them so I know what I have. Sometimes I can't find what I want and end up reprinting it again then once the subject is done I find it. Any suggestions?
Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great quote and a good reminder. Your work is often so inspiring!

    I don't know if this idea would help you, but I have some photos that I have ready to use on cards and such. I have organized them in envelopes by subject: flowers, butterflies, birds, scenery, etc. For a few that I tend to use often, I also have copies organized by color. So, for instance, I have a water scene I love that is pretty much all green - so it is in with my green embellishments.


Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.