Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge #8

Salutations!  Here is another tag for The Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge #8. I am almost caught up!  Linda's tag has a Santa on the front that she stamped on muslin and stuffed it a little to make it puffy.  Well I have a few Santa stamps so I thought I would use Santa as my inspiration.



I love the way this tag looks. I had so much fun making it. I first took Tim Holtz tissue paper tapes and covered part of the tag and used Distress Stains to make a plaid backgroud. Then I cut grungeboard with Tim's clock die and colored with broken china distress stain. The tickets were colored with distress stain (peeled pain). The santa was the most fun to create. Once I colored him in I added Liquid Applique to it and once heated with my heat gun it puffs up.

Here is a closer look.


The only thing you have to be careful with if you are using inks you must paint a little bit of white paint underneath.  If you don't the liquid applique will pull the color from your inks.
 It will not do that with achrival inks but I was using distress inks.

Thanks for stopping by.
Go Create and Be Extraordinary!




3 comments:

  1. Your red and green plaid is FABULOUS, Karen! It gives your tag such a festive feel. And that Santa image is terrific too. The Liquid Applique is the frosting on the cake! I really like the way you colored the tickets too. Super job on Tag #8. Thanks so much for playing along in this fun challenge!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you did Santa's beard and those little tickets are GREAT! I like having the greetings stamped on them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz