Thursday, June 9, 2011

Playing with canvas again!

Salutations! I grabbed a large cup of tea and headed into my craft room and decided to use scrap paper for my project.  I have a small basket next to my table where I throw all the scraps in. It’s amazing how much I accumulate in a short time.  I realized that if I buy the 6”x6” paper I don’t have that many scraps to keep but it’s so hard to pass up some of the patterned paper.  Yes, I bought more paper plus a Tim Holtz Alterations die called Townscape that was on sale. Since I hadn’t used it yet and decided the houses would be perfect on the canvas.




I think it came out cute. I love the paper scraps across the top of the canvas.  The flowers are quite large compared to the houses but I think they make it fun.

How Did She Do That? Townscape Canvas
First I added book paper and green patterned paper to the canvas with mod podge.  You really can’t see the book paper because I changed my mind and used more acrylic paint for the sky. I added green acrylic paint to the painted paper to tone it down a little and blue paint for the sky.  I then added warm white paint for clouds.  The houses were made from grunge paper with the townscape die and colored them with spray inks. Setting them aside to dry I used stamps to add the stems for the flowers.  The flowers were cut out from scrap paper and attached to the canvas with mod podge.  I stamped the words and the bird and doodled here and there.  The last thing I did was add the houses and then covered the entire canvas with mod podge to seal it.

Supplies:
4”x4” stretched canvas
Mod Podge
Paper Scraps
Old book papers
Grunge paper
Tim Holtz Alterations On the Edge Die – Townscape
Acrylic paints
Stamps: Inkadinkado and The Paper Company
Inkadinkado Spray Inks: sunny yellow, lilac, raspberry, royal blue
Archival Ink – Jet Black



THANKS SO MUCH FOR STOPPING BY.
GO CREATE AND BE EXTRAORDINARY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz