Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mojo Monday #197

Salutations!  This week's challenge sketch on Mojo Monday looked like lots of fun. You can do a round or square card.



This is my card


I've been making my own backgrounds for many projects lately. I made this background with The Crafters Workshop template called Doodling with orange acrylic paint and spray inks.  Since money is tight I've been making my own sprays with distress inks, Stampin Up inks, and perfect pearls. It's amazing how many color combinations you can achieve.  

How Did She Do That? I took Bristol board, layed the template on top and used a paper towel to sponge on the orange paint. Once dried I sprayed yellow and blue spray ink on it, dried it, then added the stamp with jet black archival ink.  I used the pieces left after cutting it down for the card for the square in the middle. The bird was cut from grungepaper colored with yellow and blue spray ink. The flower was originally white and I sprayed it with blue ink. Layed all the pieces as shown.

Supplies
Paper: White Bristol board, white cardstock, orange cardstock, HOTP Peacock black paper, grungepaper
Stamp: Flourish from Tim Holtz Artistry Collection called Heartfelt, sentiment stamp from Inkadinkado
Ink:  Jet Black Achival Ink, Spray Inks
Flower: Prima

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Go Create and Be Extraordinary!


Tools: Bird punch from Stampin Up

3 comments:

  1. Wow! just gorgeous, this is so creative and colourful

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty card! Love it! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card! I love the blue popping out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz