Saturday, June 25, 2011

I love Steampunk! Do you?

Salutations! I joined an ATC (Artist Trading Card) swap on Splitcoaststampers and the theme is Steampunk. Each swap has a couple of rules to follow and this one you had to include two embellishments and you had to make 6 +1.  
I have Graphic 45's Steampunk Debutante paper and used it to create the ATC. I love this paper pack and I keep all the bits and pieces of it because you never know when you might need it!


I only had one piece of the flowered paper from that pack and decided to cut it into small squares in order to use it on each ATC.  I then embossed the cogs and wheels (Stampin UP) on a diagonal and fussy cut them out. I added a metal brad (Tim Holtz Idea-ology) in one of the wheels. The gold embossed wing is from Tim Holtz Visual Artistry Stamp set called flourish and I added a portrait square from the paper on top of it. The little butterfly is from the same paper pack and I cut each one out and added Ranger's crackle accents to it. I really like the same they came out. 

I hope you like my ATC. I had lots of fun making them. Thats it for now.

Supplies:
Paper: Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante
Stamps: Cogs and Wheels from Stampin Up; Wing from Tim Holtz Visual Artistry Stamp set called flourish
Accessories and Tools: Pop dots; Ranger's crackle accents; Brads form Tim Holtz Idea-ology; black crystals

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Go Create and Be Extraordinary!


4 comments:

  1. This is very nice Karenliz. It is so unique. That is a very interesting paper. I actually have never heard of the style called Steam Punk before.

    Very very nice job! :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific, Karenliz! I like Steampunk, but it is not something I could do. So, I'll just look at yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of Steam Punk before, but I really like this ATC. Wish I could see it in real life - I bet it looks even better! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! It's gorgeous!! I absolutely love the wheels!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz