Saturday, June 13, 2015

Summer of Color 5 - Color by Number: Week One

Hi everyone!!! 
I'm very excited for Summer of Color 5!
I love a color challenge and this one is so much fun.

Here is the link so you can read all about it.


For week one we had to use two colors of blue and one of green.
Easy peasy.

I used the following:
 DecoArt Media Mister in Primary Cyan
Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic in Light Blue
Golden Fluid Acrylic in Phthalo Blue

I also used lots of water for the background and sprayed some clear glitter mist.
 I completely forgot I had it and now completely gone. Modeling paste and a TCW Stencil called Sea Creatures (TCW496) and Kelp Forest (TCW498)


Here is a close up of the modeling paste.


The sea horse. Do you see the little bubbles?
I'm in love. Perfect little glass bubbles.
You have to get some.


Here are more bubbles!!! 


My finished page.


I hope you join in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


9 comments:

  1. A lovely underwater scene. Loving those bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work of art is absolutely gorgeous! I love what you did with the modeling paste - it adds such wonderful dimension to your piece! And those bubbles look amazing, too! What a great way to start the SOC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous entry for SOC!!! Oh, and I am going to look for the Liquid Glass:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stencil and the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karenliz,
    Your page is gorgeous!! Your colors,elements- the cohesiveness is perfect! Love it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Some great texture in your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so nice and refreshing for how hot it's getting around here already! I want to dive in. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz