Tuesday, June 9, 2015

DecoArt Mixed Media Products + a Canvas Panel = Colorful Fun

Hi Everyone! I'm playing with DecoArt's Misters.
They are heavily pigmented spray inks and when dry are permanent.
I have a love hate relationship with spray inks because many of them are not permanent.
But after watching Andy Skinner's video HERE I couldn't wait to place an order.

Sorry to say I was having so much fun that I didn't take pictures along the way.
Here are the products I used:
DecoArt Media Misters in Purple, Shimmer Violet and Turquoise.
DecoArt Gesso
Alpha Stamps
Rub-ons
Faber-Castell Gelatos and Pitt Pen in Black.

Isn't it so full of color? I love the Misters.

 

I added rub-ons in different places on the canvas.
I have a stencil with wings but it's ripped so I traced what I could on the canvas then used the Gesso to paint them in. I scratched lines in the wings for texture.


The heart was shaded with Gelatos.


Yes, the Misters are permanent. I love that!


she is brave


Knowing that the Misters are permanent I will be using them more often on projects.
You can see all the mixed media line of products HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by!




3 comments:

  1. Permanent Misters? Be still my beating heart! Sounds like my kind of product, and I love how you've used it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Karenliz!!
    I truly love the way you made the wings and scratching in them and the tiny words about your canvas! And your colors are gorgeous-I love the misters as well- I know what you mean about the love-hate- good to have permanent sprays! By the way, Lindy's are also permanent sprays- give them a look as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous canvas, love the colours and the images.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz