Monday, June 22, 2015

A Fish Pond: Koi

Hi Everyone!
I've been playing in my art journals lately.
I like to use them for idea and just play time.
 
I started with this journal page.
The background was created with DecoArt's Misters.

 
This is another page I created with DecoArt's Misters and TCW Stencil #242 Damask.
 

 
I decided it was a great color for fish.
I took my TCW Stencil #499s Koi Pond and traced the fish onto the paper.
I decided not to do anything more to them but just cut them out of the paper.
 

 
Once I was all done cutting, I added them to the journal page.

 
Here is a close up of  the background.

 
Fish

 
Very different for me lately.
I usually have lots of layers in the background.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

4 comments:

  1. Love the background! This may sound silly, but I've never thought of taking pages out of spiral binding when creating an art journal. I'm definitely going to have to do that with my next one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are the Koi! Clever DEsign

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this background! You know, it looks really multidimensional the way you did it, even without the usual amount of layers you might use. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page is gorgeous Karenliz! Love love the white splotches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz