Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Inspiration Wednesday - Week 2


First I want to answer questions I received in emails.
Why did I join.
Why would I spend the money when I could just watch other YouTube videos.
How do I choose which workshops to take.

Here are my answers.

It's an investment in myself. 
I want to learn as much as I can. 
Meet other artists.
I don't know many in my area. Mostly scrapbookers but I don't scrapbook.
Many workshops that I have taken were not expensive.
I do bookmark them and then go back and read the information again. 
Donna's workshop is $1.40/week for 25 weeks.
My favorite workshops are from artists who's site has unlimited access to the workshops.
I tend to go back and watch them again.
I choose workshops based on what I currently love to create.
I love Abstracts and Mixed Media so I gravitate to those.
Or art that is completely outside my comfort zone but I want to learn it, like drawing faces.
I love artists who are messy, grungy and make you feel like you can do anything.
Many workshops I have taken are from artists who started me on my journey in becoming an artist.
Yes, they are trying to make money.
BUT
If you are a full time working artist, wouldn't you be trying to make money too?
I hope that answers the questions plus a few more.


Now, here is my page for the second week. It was all about collage.
This is my collage before I added more texture and color.


Here is the finished page.  Click on the picture to enlarge it.



Here are a couple of close ups.



I really love this page.
I wish I created it on a canvas.

See Donna's Workshops HERE
Donna's blog HERE

Thanks so much for stopping by!










2 comments:

  1. You KNOW you'll have to 'do it again' on canvas, right? Right! Gorgeous page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I was perusing google images looking for color pallet ideas when this picture caught my eye - wow! So So beautiful with all the grunge and texture! I have contemplated Donna's inspiration Wednesdays, but right now I don't have time with Lifebook 2015, DLP and various other online workshops - oh yes, and work. But retirement is hopefully just a season away now! Really really nice work here, Kareneliz, on your journal page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz