Friday, January 2, 2015

A New Year: It's Time to Get Moving

Happy New Year!

Today I have a tag to show you that I made while I was away for Christmas.
This was the first time I've traveled for Christmas and it felt odd but it was fun.
The last night my daughter and I played with what I brought with me.

We moved the hotel's desk over to the bed so we both could use it.




I always bring my favorite stamps, paper scraps, markers, small art journal, washi tape, and stencils. It sounds like a lot but it's just enough to play with.

When I started this tag I found I had a fortune that I saved.
I think it fits for the new year.


As I was working on it I didn't like it.
Once I started adding more and more layers I changed my mind.


Here is the quote.


Another close up.


I'm keeping this one right on my art table.
Not sure what the new year is going to bring me.
What new art journeys I will be taking.
Life is an adventure.
You just have to wake up every day to be there.

Thank you so much for stopping by!





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect fortune for an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tag is uplifting--lots of red, black, and white repeated kept this from looking too chaotic!! Terrific work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz