My step by step process as I remember it. I may leave out a few things but ask questions if something doesn't make sense.
- The background was made by using paper scraps and acrylic paint to decorate the canvas panel.
- Then with Golden's gel matte medium and a stencil I added more texture to the panel. I waited for the gel medium to completely dry before I completed the next step.
- Once the gel medium is dry I painted the whole panel with black acrylic paint and let it dry.
- Then with a damp towel I wiped the black paint off the gel medium to see the paper and paint underneath. You can take off as much as you want. As you can see I left more black paint on the bottom end of the panel.
- The small poster of The Black Cat I distressed it with black soot distress ink and added some rock candy crackle paint.
- The tree is from the October 31 Cricut cartridge - I distressed that with gray paint and rock candy crackle paint.
- The wooden fence I found at Joann's in the $1 bin. It's actually a very long fence but with wire cutters its easy to cut apart. I distressed that with cobalt blue, grey and black acrylic paint and rock candy crackle paint - i love this stuff!
- The cat was in my Halloween box of scraps that I added a piece of paper to and made the cat's eyes.
- The bat is made out of grunge board, black acrylic paint and red stickles for his eyes.
- Once everything was distressed and dry I attached it to the panel.
So what do you think? I will definately do the gel medium background again. It was a lot of fun. I can imagine using so many colors now. Like I said previously if you have any questions just ask!
Thanks so much for stopping by!