Saturday, May 5, 2012

Love Makes a House a Home

This canvas is a gift for my neice and her boyfriend who just bought a house. She doesn't read my blog that much so hopefully she won't see it before she gets it.  I made this with her favorite colors blue and green. The heart is from some hand made paper I have had for a long time. I used a Crafters Workshop template, modeling paste and lime green acrylic paint to make the bricks to represent a house.  This is a 12x12 canvas that I started something else on it but didn't like it and 12x12 just seemed so big to me. I just felt challenged trying to do anything with it. I have had this canvas for three months now picking it up and putting it down; trying this and trying that; with no results.  For some reason something clicked when she told me they closed on the house.



It has so much wonderful texture. Here is a close up.



I hope they like it.
If you two read my blog before it reaches you, don't tell me!

Thanks so much for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz