Saturday, May 26, 2012

Art Journal Every Day

I have a journal page to share for Julie's Art Journal Every Day challenge.  I brought this journal on a recent trip and decided to only use a few items but mostly paper.  I really love collages but still haven't mastered it yet. I keep trying but I end up painting over it. This time I decided to make a city out of paper.  I was in Chicago so that was my inspiration. 


Quote:
read the directions and directly you will
be directed in the right direction


I actually love the way this page came out. The paper is all scraps. The background was done with watercolors and I always bring a set up alphabet stamps for quotes. I am now using this page as inspriration for a canvas for my daughter. 

THANKS SO MUCH FOR STOPPING BY!



5 comments:

  1. i love your page, great collage!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This collage is wonderful, Kareliz. The skyline is so cool and I love the birds. Fun quote, too.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...Love your piece! That scene is amazing you made with collage! It reminds me of here in NYC the skyline. Great quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! The different colors of paper subtly add depth. The big metropolitan goes perfectly with the skyscrapers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page! I can't wait to see how the canvas comes out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz