Tuesday, September 11, 2018

on my mind, out of my mind, oh no my mind

Welcome to another episode of My Mind!  I traveled a lot in August and I'm still trying to get my art mojo started.  Do you have that issue?  If I'm out of my art room for an extended period of time I just can't get going again. 

Everything I do I hate and just paint over. In fact, I ripped out an art journal page and threw it away. I started to get a little bit focused this weekend.  OR I tried. Sometimes I feel like I love creating to many projects in many different mediums that I can't decide what to do first.

This little 3x3 piece of wood had a great background.

 
 
Then I did this to it. What was I thinking!!!!!  Or maybe I was thinking to much.
 


I did create this on a piece of 11x14 mixed media paper but I didn't like it.


I did create this which turned out okay.




After a while I just get frustrated and have to walk away and regroup. So I love to play on SnapChat and a in photo app called PhotoLab.

  

 
The second mermaid is my daughter.

 
 
Lately, I feel like I'm out of my mind. My hands and brain won't work together. I think I'm heading into my art journals again. I think its time to play with Mermaid photos!  Don't you?
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I know exactly where you're at - those periods when the Muse is out to lunch and the mind and hands don't coordinate obviously call for some out-of-the-box play like your SnapChat and PhotoLab time. The Muse comes back when she comes back, and one can only show up! Thanks for reminding me that we're all in it together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz