Wednesday, September 19, 2018

You Have To Show Up!

Hi Everyone!
When your muse takes a vacation what do you do?
 
I find I just have to show up in my art room and keep working.
Even if I'm just scribbling in my art journal, playing with mediums I just show up.
Eventually the creativity keeps flowing. I may find some of the things I created are not my best but I feel good that I showed up.
 
I showed up with inspiration from the picture I took of a woman's shirt.
 
 
I love strips in art but I've never tried it before. To start I used a napkin with stripes and flowers. I used gel medium and add it to the canvas. I just continued to add more flowers. I used stencil by The Crafters Workshop.
 
TCW824s Growing Wild
TCW823s Rose Bouquet
 
I'm not fond of the color combination but I showed up and kept working on it. I did learn that I love the stripes in the background and will use stripes more often. I love pink but I'm more fond of brighter pinks. I'm no in search for my favorite shade. 
 
 
My muse is always with me even though it seems like its gone forever.
I'm proud of myself for showing up. Sometimes I walk away but I find that just doesn't help.
 
DID YOU SHOW UP TODAY?
 
Thank you so much for stopping by!
 


1 comment:

  1. So true, Karenliz, and you've showed up beautifully with this one! ANd the pinks are just so right!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz