Wednesday, May 23, 2018

One Stencil Only: TCW Dramatic Floral and a Paper Bag

Hi Everyone!  I've been collecting paper bags to paint on. You know the size your prescription at the pharmacy comes in? I have decided to use these bags as play time and use only one stencil one them.

For this paper bag I used TCW736 Dramatic Floral stencil designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer in the 6"x6" size.  It also comes in 12x12. See them both HERE.

I don't have any step out photos so I'll explain how I created it. First I painted the paper bag with Golden Fluid Acrylics Prussian Blue Hue. My new favorite color!  I let it dry then I added shades of blue, white, yellow and green either through the stencil or adding paint to the bag, put the stencil on top and used a baby wipe to take off the paint.  The little white rectangles, bottom right, are made by the tip of a paint marker.

When it all dried I stamped "Listen" by Yvonne Blair Designs on tissue paper and only used a portion of the stampe for my painting.


The one thing I learned from creating this is I love this color combination and adding paint to the bag and lifting it off through the stencil with a baby wipe is a technique I haven't used in a while. I really love the way it looks. I'll be using it again for sure.

 
Thanks so much for stopping by!







1 comment:

  1. What a great idea and even better results. And excellent for the environment as well - no throwaway bags now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz