Wednesday, May 30, 2018

on my mind, out of my mind, oh no my mind!

Hi Everyone! Been struggling so much with my mojo. I seem to start a painting, just throwing paint, stencils, pastes, making marks and enjoying the process then my mind goes blank and my hands stop working.  For an example this one.



I love it so far but I know it's not finished. I don't know what to do with it. I'm putting it aside for now.  I just returned from vacation so I may need time to get myself back into my art room.

While I was away my god-daughter and I went to Charleston, SC.  OMG gorgeous, gorgeous. Our last day we went to the Aquarium. As we were standing by an exhibit, for quite a while, we finally stepped away and read this. We were standing right in front of it. We laughed!


Here is another canvas. It's a 12" round canvas. As I was playing it started looking like the earth and then everything stopped. OMG! This one isn't finished either.



If you read this far, thank you for joining me.  So I have this closet in my art room that I just throw things in. It's not very organized. It's like a junk drawer. When I open the door nothing falls on me but I can't put anything else in. I actually started looking at everything. So scary. Tons of UNFINISHED PAINTINGS!!!  I put many paintings and projects aside and don't finish them!

Here is another canvas that I'm not fond of but it may be finished. I've been using lots of blues, yellows, greens, white, black on my paintings lately. This one I'll set aside too and time will tell whether it's finished. UPDATE: its finished, signed and first coat of varnish.


I've learned something about myself looking into the abyss that is my art room closet:
  • I'm stressed about all the extra stuff in my house. I started cleaning out closets this weekend.
  • Its okay that I have tons of unfinished paintings in my closet. I now have new canvas to use once I add a coat of gesso.
  • I'm having a mid-life art crisis right now. If that's a thing!! No mojo. I want to try so many things but there are many I have tried but never finished sitting in my art closet. I think it's time to figure out what ART I really love to do, stick with those, learn more about them, and move on. HAHAHAHAHA if possible.
Vacation was great and I had so much fun with my god-daughter. In the airport I spotted this painting.  I see so much of myself in this painting. Runaway from all the stuff to work on in my house BUT isn't that what vacations are for?  A breathe of fresh air to clear the mind!



So how many of you have one of those closets, any one else having an mid-life art crisis, no mojo? Remember STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS. I'm off to have some ice cream!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz