Thursday, August 27, 2015

Creating Dual Color Flowers for a Card with TCW Stencils

Well, I'm not fond of the card but it's the technique I love.
I used the Mini Impression Stencil to create the flowers.

I know you're saying, I don't see flowers.
Oh but you will!
 
 

On this card I used DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics and American Multi-Surface Satin paint in these colors.


I put both shades of each color on my craft mat and dabbed it on and off with a cosmetic sponge.
You don't want to fill the sponge with too much paint or it will go under the stencil, unless you like that look.
Below you can see the sponge has two colors on it.

 
Put the stencil on the paper and dab the sponge in a circular motion.
As you can see below I had the darker color on the inside and the lighter on the outside.
Looking at the stencil design it doesn't look like a flower but repeating this process and turning the stencil design around you achieve the look of a flower.

 
.
Here is the purple flower finished.
 
 
This next stencil design reminds me of a rose.
I repeated the same process above.
This was the first layer of paint.
 

 
Look roses!
 


For the vase I used deli paper and some of the other designs from this stencil.
 

 
It's not my usual style.
Something on my list to try.
I may try it again but for now I can cross it off my list.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 











1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking it's pretty cool!! But who knows, may one day be your favorite!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz