Saturday, August 10, 2013

TAG YOU'RE IT! - Ugly Green

Today's TAG YOU'RE IT is trying to use the ugly green color on this tag. Here is what it looked like and it already the flowers on it (modeling paste though a stencil (Donna Downey).  I don't like that color green and once I put the flowers on it I just didn't like it.


 
 
Looking at the tag's background it must have been another color I think blue. I decided to spray the flowers with spray ink. I let it dry on it's own which gave me a little more time to decide what to do next.
 
 
 
Next, I added some rub-ons (Tim Holtz) and white acrlyic paint through a stencil (TCW Tiny Cirlces).
 
 
 
Now I'm starting to like it. It just needs some final touches.....
 
 

 
 
The butterfly I cut out and creased his wings so they are more dimensional. Butterflies always seem to give projects that extra touch.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I must come from the school of less is more. :)
    The stage i like is just before you added the rub ons and the white acrylic paint....Thanks so much for sharing. I've never played with modeling paste. I'm gonna have to give it a go! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it came out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz