Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A LITTLE MODERN WITH A LITTLE VINTAGE

This canvas was inspired by the photo. I bought some Crafty Secrets vintage scraps from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  Linda has a wonderful selection of products and her turn around time for orders is fast.  I have had this canvas painted for a long time and couldn't decide what to do with it. The background was made with stencils in various shades of gray. I have a small box on my table with miscellaneous small scrap of papers, embellishments, die cuts, etc. and I saw this picture on top and had to use it. I just started pulling out all the elements and started adhering them to the canvas. I love the way it came out. It's a little modern with a little vintage.

 
The quote reads, Smile and the whole world smiles with you.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, it came together beautifully! That pic is adorable and all of the layers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz