Thursday, December 27, 2018

Make It Artsy - The No See-Ums Get You Every Time!!!!

I still can't believe it but I filmed two segments for Make It Artsy. I did it!!!! For those who do not know it's an arts and crafts show hosted by Julie Fei Fan Balzer of Balzer Designs which appears on TV with your local PBS channel, online MakeItArtsy.com , and YouTube.  You can also find them on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.

As soon as I received the email I had to read it twice. I first thought they had wrong person but my name was right there. I was excited, shocked and petrified. I've never even taught a class before so how could I even do something on TV?  Something inside me said YES go for it and I did.

Doing things out of your comfort is a scary thing for everyone. It's the no see-ums that are scary. All my thoughts running rampant in my head wondering what was going to happen really screwed me for sure.

This is what the studio looks like. All those cameras, lights and no see-ums was a little overwhelming.  After I filmed my first segment I realized that my no see-ums in my head were pretty much nonexistent.  Everyone in the studio was so friendly and welcoming. Julie...she's so good. When I couldn't come up with a word she was right there continuing the conversation so it made it easier for me to keep going without looking like an idiot. LOL 


 
 
The best part were these wonderful artists. They are so down to earth, friendly, so nice and really helped me to stay as calm as I could be.  They have appeared in the show before so it was nice to hear their feedback and tips.
 
 
 
 
Cat Kerr and Joe Rotella   (I close my eyes when I'm nervous. I need to practice!!!)
 
 
I was so nervous I hardly took any pictures. Thank you to Seth for taking this one which was my first segment I filmed. Yes, my eyes are closed. They are probably closed in all the pictures.
 
 

My second segment went so much better. I was more relaxed and having a little more fun. I'm not sure I want to see myself . I will keep you posted on the date it will air.

Overall it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and it was a great experience. All those thoughts in my head never came to be. I'm hoping the next situation outside my comfort zone I'll think about this day and realize those no see-ums just don't exist.

Have you done something outside your comfort zone? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thank you for stopping by! I truly appreciate it.
 



2 comments:

  1. I'm so delighted that you got to have this experience, Karenliz - congratulations on what I'm sure will be fabulous airings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic recognition of your wonderfully artistic mixed media creations!!!! And to think I knew you through Paper Wishes' Message Board before we knew about blogging! :) Kudos to you!!! I haven't seen this show, so I will have to use the guide button on the TV remote and check for airing (or local PBS websites). Thanks for posting about your experiences taping for TV!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz