Wednesday, January 31, 2018

From My Garbage Can to My Art Table

As a Design Team Member for The Crafters Workshop, I get really excited when the design team box arrives with all the new stencils.  Once I open the box my first project is to take pictures of all the new stencils so I have a picture for blog posts.  Next, I put the stencils in 12x12 scrapbook sleeves and label them. 
 
The Crafters Workshop provided me with stencils and mediums to create this project.
The opinions I share are solely my own because I do love to use them.
 
I usually take a day and just play with the stencils. Many times I keep all the scraps of samples and save them for a raining day.  This time around I threw lots of them away because I have so many scraps that I can't keep many until I do a purge.
 
This time around I was playing with the new 12x12 stencil called TCW761 Solemn Branch designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer on some scrap paper.



By the end of the day, I noticed the paper in my garbage and decided to save it. As you can see it already had paint on it and I just flipped over the stencil to add it to the paper.



I then decided to add color.



and more


and more.  Now the paper is sitting on my drying table and I still don't know what I'm going to do with it.  But I love the way it turned out. I may cut it up for cards, collage or add more to paper.  Time will tell.



Have you ever pulled something out of the garbage and created something with it?  I may be looking at my garbage again before I throw it out. There may be some more I can use!!!
 
To see all the new 2018 Winter Release of stencils and mixed medial metallic pastes for The Crafters Workshop go the SCRAPBOOK.COM.  Don't for get to go to the TCW Blog and check out what the rest of the design team is creating with the new stencils!!!
 
 
Thank you so much so stopping by!
 

2 comments:

  1. looks like the promise of springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you play with your stencils, and the resultant 'garbage painting' is truly awesome. I sometimes find amazing things in my recycling garbage too - love how that happens!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz