Wednesday, December 27, 2017

BEGIN, You Just Have to Start


Today's mixed media painting I completed a while ago. I remember in the beginning I didn't know what I was going to do. I felt completely lost and uninspired.

It started by painting a wood panel with TCW Black Gesso. Let it dry and that's where it stopped for the day.



The next day I came back and added leftover scrap papers and monoprints in blues and blacks. I pulled out all my metallic paints and then inspiration hit.

Searching through the sale racks in my local arts and crafts store, I found these metal wings. To add texture to them I added a layer of metallic embossing powder and while the embossing powder was still hot I added a few tiny metallic beads.




To add more texture to the background I used a stencil from The Crafters Workshop called Geo Landscape (TCW673) with TCW Black Modeling Paste. When it dried I added more metallic paints.



I auditioned the wings to see where I wanted them and adhered them with E6000.


I used Seth Apter's Word Circles1 stamp and die set by Spellbinders to create the center. Around the "begin" circle I used wire, beads, stars and in the what glue I added tiny metallic beads.



I also added a few pearls glued on top of tiny washers.


On the Geo Landscape stencil there are circles and I used one for behind the wings.



I always try to make sure my sides are finished too.




Here is the center piece showing you the wings and stencil.

 


The finished piece was very hard to photograph with all the metallic paints and embellishments.



The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with stencils and mediums to create this project.
The opinions I share are solely my own because I do love to use them.
 
 
I have two more wood panels to finish using Seth Apter's Circle 1 stamps and die. Hopefully, I'll finish them in 2018!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 






2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous piece of art, Karenliz. It is so rich in texture and colour that it fairly shouts a need for beginning. Awesome, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! The brilliance of the metallics, embossing, beading, and wire just makes the paints and textures seem magical! This is moxie fab-u-lishess at its moxiest!!! Hey, I'm inventing words to express my creative enthusiasm! Keep crafting and sharing, Karenliz!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz