Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Crystal Clear TCW Gel Medium Technique

Surprise, it's not Friday but I thought I would repost this technique here if you didn't see it on my blog post for The Crafters Workshop
 
I'm not a fan of shiny glossy mediums but I do love to use TCW Gel Medium Gloss using this technique. It's so much fun! It can be used on anything, cards, scrapbook pages, art journals, ATCs, etc.
 
First, I added fluorescent acrylic paints through the stencil on Yupo. When it dried, I put the stencil back on the Yupo and added Gel Medium Gloss through the stencil.
 
 
When it dried just like magic is turned crystal clear so you can now see the colors again. Pretty cool, right?
 
 
I used a brayer to add more acrylic paints, water and India inks to the Yupo.  I let some of the ink and paints dry in puddles.
 
 
Tip: Yupo is plastic so paints and inks move around a lot with a brayer. If you like a portion of your painting and don't want to change it, wait for it to dry before adding more. I will tell you waiting for it to dry also has its problems, but the more you work with Yupo the less frustrating it becomes.
 
Once it dried I scribbled on it and it was done.
 
 
If you want to see more details on this project and all the supplies I used you can click HERE.
 
The Crafters Workshop provided me with stencils and mediums to create this project.
The opinions I share are solely my own because I do love to use them.
 
I hope you love this technique just as much as I do.
If you create anything with The Crafters Workshop stencils and mediums, share them with hashtag #tcwstencillove.
 
You can see more of my creations using TCW stencils by clicking on the link below.
 
 
I can't wait to see what you create!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 
 
 
 









1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz