Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Elegant Motif: A New 2015 Stencil from The Crafters Workshop

I'm so excited to show you another new stencil from The Crafters Workshop.


This stencil will definitely be one I use over and over.
It can be used for so many things.

I used the 12x12 size to create art journal pages.

First I used acrylic paints to both pages.


I let the paint dry until tacky then closed and opened my art journal.
The paint stuck to the other pages and torn some holes into the pages.
It gave me extra texture.


Using white acrylic paint and a cosmetic sponge I added the Elegant Motif stencil to the pages.




When it dried I added DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze to the pages.


The crackle glaze dried and I add DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream in English Red to both pages.


I know it looks scary red but once you let it dry a few minutes take a baby wipe and wipe it off.


Continue to wipe it off until you like what you see.
Now you can see all the crackle and the stencil design.


On one side I added a little sign with washi tape all the way around it to frame it.
I added the birds (rub-ons) on top of the sign.


Here is the finished page.
The other birds are also rub-ons.

I did make a mistake.
I wanted it to say True Love Forever BUT I didn't realize I it was wrong until after I finished the page. Oh well.

The bridge and groom are my parents on their wedding day.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

If you want to see more of my art please following me here:




2 comments:

  1. OMGosh!! I sooo love these pages!!
    And your parents photo? Yes, yes, I must use mine as you suggested! You are so creative my friend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo project, Karenliz! You are so clever, I would never have thought to stick tacky pages together to create texture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz