Monday, September 28, 2015

Ugly Canvas BUT not sure I saved it either!

Well, I think it's ugly.
I'm not a blue person.
I was using spray paint and by accident this painting was sprayed.
It's not a happy painting.



Black gesso to the rescue!
Maybe a little white paint.
Nope so not working.
I have no ideal what I'm doing.



So I took the new Triangle Sunburst stencil plus some heavy body acrylics



and painted the stencil design on




to look like flowers



I used the Herbarium stencil to add some leaves plus I decided to add more flowers.

I'm still trying to decided if I like it or not.
Is it still ugly?


Let's turn on it's side



Still not sure I like.
I originally wasn't going to share it.
But I like to share my good, bad and ugly projects.

Do you like?

Thanks so much for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. Sometimes we try stuff and it just doesn't work. You did the right thing-you kept changing it up. I do like it better on the side. Very colorful. I like adding a word or words to mine sometimes. not sure if that appeals to you? Really love the sunburst in those vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out beautiful Karenliz! the added colors just pop - I think you went the right way here with the stencil choice and colors on black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all ugly, Karenliz! I AM a blue person and I actually quite liked the first version of your canvas, too. I've got some projects as well that I never shared, but you're right it's important to document our journey, warts and all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz