Monday, February 16, 2015

TCW Stencil Art Journal Page: Stencils Designed by Carmen Medlin

You bought home a new a stencil because you love it.
Couldn't wait to get home to use it.
Now you're sitting at your art table wondering what you are going to do with it.
Asking yourself why did I buy this one.

You're not alone.

Here is the secret.
Just use it.
Sounds simple but sometimes still hard to do.
Grab your art journal or a piece of card stock, grab your paints, inks and just create a background. 
It doesn't matter what images are on the stencil just start with one color and add to the background.
Repeat with the next color.

Here is the stencil I used for my background.


I added the Pinecones over and over on the backgrounds.
Every time I used a different pinecone I changed the paint color.
Can you tell they are pinecones?


Once used all my colors, I added a layer of white pinecones.
Creating backgrounds with the stencil is the easiest way to use the stencil.
After you repeat the images over and over, you can't tell what it is.
But you created a great background for a journal page, card, layout.

Next, I added the tree branches in black to the top of the page.
I wanted to add a quote but I decided to make it look like it's hanging from the tree.
I even added a bow.



Here is the final page.


Do you have stencils you have never used?

Thanks so much for stopping by!















1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz