Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Funkie Junkie - 12 Tags of Christmas #2

I was able to finish a couple of tags for Linda's 12 Tags of Christmas.  Her second tag inspired me to try Tim Holtz riveted patchwork technique. Its one of those techniques that I didn't think I can use but once I tried it on this tag it gave me more ideas for future projects.

 
I decided to add string art to the gears, snow to the branches and pink for a pop of color. I die cut from a manila tag a small easel (Tim Holtz and bought from Linda's store) and attached it to the back so it can stand on its own.
 
Here is a close up of the gears.
 
 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

  1. Totally awesome! I love the way you used string art to turn the gears into snowflakes - brilliant! Your riveted metal came out perfect and I think the pink really makes this tag shine! The snow covered branches are such a perfect touch I think you totally rocked Tag #2, Karenliz. Thanks so much for playing along!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! So cool! I love the gears and how they hang off the tree branch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz