Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Core'dinations Creative Frenzy

Salutations!  Grab a cup of tea I have lots to show you.

Who is a paper hoarder?  I am!  I admit it. I go into a craft store and always walk out with a new pad of pattern paper. Oh and a rubber stamp! The only paper I haven’t bought lately is cardstock. It does come in wonderful colors but it’s boring.  Not anymore! I found Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock! This paper is so much fun to play with. You can tear, sand it, emboss it, and wrinkle it. The possibilities are endless. It changes the way you make art! 

Let me show you what I mean. Here are a few projects I made with Core’dinations Ebony and Ivory Cardstock Collection.  The collection includes their Black Magic, Whitewash and Core Essentials paper.

Here is an 8x8 scrapbook page: Smile. 




As you can see on the left side you can tear the paper and see another shade of the same color. The flowers were put in a polka dot embossing folder and then sanded.  The word SMILE I made with my own embossing folder. I cut a manila folder to fit into the Big Shot.  Inside the folder I placed Grungeboard letters (chipboard letters work better but I love Grungeboard), the cardstock on top of the letters, a folded piece of paper towel (don’t have to use it for chipboard), close the folder put it between two plates and place it on the A plate and roll it through.  Then I just sanded the paper.

Here are two Tim Holtz inspired projects. Everyone knows I love his products.  The first is a card: Enjoy the Journey. 


You can see I used the Core’dinations paper at the bottom of the card.

Tag: Happy Easter


I tore the paper to make grass and hid a couple of Easter Eggs. The two bunnies are Grungeboard and I painted them with Distress crackle paint in picket fence and used antique linen distress ink on top. The background papers for both these projects were from his paper stash called Seasonal.

Can you see all the fun I had with this paper!  Now it's your turn to try it. Take a look at all their product on the Core'dinations website!

Go Create and Be Extraordinary!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen! I too LOVE ColorCore! Thanks for sharing about the "make your own" embossing folder. I've heard about doing this, but it was nice to see an example.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz