Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Stages of My Abstract Paiting.

Today I'm going to show you a few stages of one of my Abstract paintings. I'm finding taking pictures of a few stages helps me learn what I like and don't like. The last picture it states it might be done. Its signed and waiting to be varnished.

Here is the first stage I took a picture of.  I was just playing creating weird flowers. This is on 11x14 Strathmore Mixed Media Paper.


I didn't like it so I decided to add a wash of black to the painting plus more mark making.


Remember there were more steps in between all these pictures.  I decided to add some gel medium for texture, more blue and green paints, and then spray water all over it and just let it dry.  I love to add water to paints and watch the paint move around. You should try it!


As you can see I started adding more shades of blues and green, stencils, mark marking but I still didn't like it.


When it dried I used a brayer and added white, yellow, green and a little blue paint. Using the dropper from an acrylic ink bottle I added my scribble to it. Again I sprayed it with a little water and let it dry.


Once it dried, I let it sit a couple of days but decided I loved it. It is now waiting in line for varnish and it will be put in a frame. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed seeing your process, Karenliz - so many changes in feel, colour, and direction. Giving yourself freedom to play with it most certainly was the right way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz