Friday, August 4, 2017

BEAUTY, WONDER AND AWE - CANNA LILIES

Hi Everyone!
Today I'm showing your one of The Crafters Workshop new 2017 Summer Stencils called Canna Lilies designed by Carmen Medlin. It is one of my favorites this summer.

My favorite substrate to use is Yupo. It's a nice smooth surface and it also has its challenges too.  First I added the stencil to the Yupo with acrylic paints.
 
 
 
 
I continued to add the stencil to the Yupo. I used both the 12x12 and 6x6 size. I also flipped the stencil and used the other size so the flowers are going in different directions.
 
 
 
Here is a close up of all the layers.
 
 
I dropped a stamp on it which left a black mark. With the Spring time colors it was hard to cover up so I decided to had a few words with black archival inks.
 
 
 
 
This was my Design Team Post on August 1. You can see it here.
 
 
The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with stencils and mediums to create this project.
The opinions I share are solely my own because I do love to use them.
August was also the start of a new Design Team. Head on over by clicking the link below to see what they've created. Don't forget to leave them a comment!! 
 
 
The new 2017 Summer stencils will be available by the end of August.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Karenliz! i just love those colors you chose and that stencil is just fab!!
    Totally in awe!
    hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colours are stunning and the page is pure delight...love all the repetition and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Karenliz, and your colours are awesome. Now I've got a hankering for that stencil too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz