If you are not familiar with this project you can see my previous posts HERE and HERE.
First, I thought I would show you all the tags I have for this project. I keep them in this metal tin.
Its getting tight and I don't have a lot of room so that's why I started this project. Closing my eyes I picked this tag.
As you can see it has a layer of tissue paper and spray inks. I think this was a tag I was experimenting using tissue paper to see what it would look like. I decided to use this tag with a stencil but I didn't add the stencil image on top I traced it on the back of the tag and cut it out.
Next I I used these stencils and a rubber stamp from Dark Room Door and made this background with acrylic paints.
If you click on the picture above to enlarge it you can see the name of each stencil.
I looked through my box of bits and found a little paper rose and I punched butterflies from the leftover bits of the original tag. The sentiment is a new stamp from Red Lead Paperworks.
Here is my finished tag!
It looks like she's looking up at the butterflies. Too cute! Here is a close up.
Stencils are so versatile you can use them for anything. I find I like using them to cut out shapes for different projects espeically cards and tags.
Thanks so much for stopping by!