Sunday, October 14, 2012

Care

This is a mixed media piece I did on 8x10 mixed media board. I used a credit card and added acrylic inks and paint to the background and then I stopped. I didn't know what to do with it next so the best thing to do is go make a cup and tea and come back.  When I came back I saw tons of rub-on letters on a shelf. These rub-on letters were my mother's. She use to make signs for office buildings before they had plastic letter board and electronic boards. She use to hand draw each letter but as time went on it was harder to do the smaller letters so she used these rub-ons. I just added the letters here and there. You can also see I used rubber stamps too. The flowers were made with modeling paste through a Crafters Workshop Template.  When I finished it I knew I needed a word or quote for it but the word, care, popped up first in my mind.  I think it was because when I was running errands people just don't care anymore which is sad. No thank yous, you're welcome, excuse me, etc., so that's where the word came from reminding me to care.

 
 
Here is a close up of the flowers and the background.
 
 
 
I really like the letters in the background. I will definitely be creating something else with these rub-ons as I do have lots of them.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz