Sunday, April 1, 2012

Art Journal Every Day - Julie Fei-Fan Balzer

This weekend I've been playing with modeling paste. I'm having lots of fun with it. I have paper, canvas, art journal pages, tags, cards, etc. all over my craft room drying.  Today I have a journal page for Art Journal Every Day, to show you where I used two Crafters Workshop templates trees and Julie's template, mini punchinella.


I used the tree template and placed it on my page and filled it in with modeling paste. Once the paste was dry I painted the trees and used watercolors, acrylics and distress inks on the background. I used Julie's mini punchinella template for the honeycomb that the bees are carrying away. I don't know what the page means but I've been added the honeycomb and bees on everything this weekend.

Here is a close up of the trees so you can see the modeling paste.



You should head over the Julie's site she has been interviewing different artists about their art journals and it's been very interesting to see how others make their journal pages.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I really like the texture you have created on this page. What a cool application of modelling paste.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz