Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Dude!  It's my daughter's birthday today. She finally received her party box and gift. I still have one more gift to send her but I'm trying to figure out how to mail it. I have lots to show you.

First I will show you the money card and party favors I sent her. Yes, she's a senior in college but she loves handing out little gifts on her birthday so I do it every year. 




Party Favors - These are filled with peanut M&Ms.



This next picture I tried to turn the cans so you can see other sides.



I also made sure the tops of the cans were decorated!



The background for the money card and the cans were made using 6"x6" template called Cosmic Swirls that I purchased from PaperWishes.com. I love these templates. They make great backgrounds for all sorts of things.

Supplies:  Distress Inks in concord grape and orange marmalade; Black Archival Ink; various Halloween Clear Acrylic Stamps. I keep all my arcylic stamps in CD cases so I don't the stamp company.  Card: Tree Stamp from Stampin Up and blood spots by Tim Holtz.

This next card is her birthday card.  She loves Alice in Wonderland and I fell in love with Graphic 45's Halloween in Wonderland paper. 



I made this sign to hang from a door knob. You can hang it anywhere. She loved it. She has so many Halloween decorations now that I don't think she'll have to buy any!


Supplies:  Background is a piece of Halloween paper scrap; Tim Holtz grungeboard for the letters, numbers, bats, pumpkin and haunted house.

I started making cards out of tags. #8 manilla tags 3 1/8" x 6 1/4".  I stapled the ends and scored a line on the top so it will open easily.  These are Halloween Cards. The first one has a haunted house and when you push the button the lights go on and off in the windows of the house.  The second one has a raven in flight. I stamped it once on the striped paper and then again on card stock so that I can cut the raven out and pop it with pop dots.




Almost done!  I made two tags from Graphic 45's Halloween in Wonderland.  The first one is called "Off With Her Head" and the next is called "Who Are You?".





Thats it for Halloween for now. Thanks so much for stopping by and reading this long post. Have a great Halloween!

Go Create and Be Extraordinary!

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! I especially like the idea of the card with lights that go on and off. How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have one lucky daughter! All the things you showed are AMAZING. I really like the idea of using tags as a card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you've been so busy, this latest batch of work is just stunning Karenliz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, thanks for your feedback on my blog. I'm not sure I really have the time to post according to my schedule, either. ;) It helps when I hear from folks that they appreciate the time I put into it.

    I just followed your link to your gallery on Scrapbook.com. You've got some neat stuff posted there! Thanks for sharing it with us. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz