Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sometimes I Sit and Ponder!

Salutations! I made a card for my daughter with my new favorite sentiment stamp. I used a piece of watercolor paper and made this weird background but didn't like so I cut it up and used it for this card.


I made the background with my new 12x12 Crafter's Workshop templates and distress inks. The one thing that I have to remember is that distress inks blend together and when I added broken china to the card it changed it to a werid greenish blue color. I forgot to heat set the orange ink first before I used the blue.  BUT thats how new colors are made!

One of my many favorite artists is Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. I love her bold and colorful art journal pages and cavases.  You can find her blog here.  She uses Crafter's Workshop templates and this year The Crafter's Workshop has made quite a few templates with Julie's designs.  If you want to learn more about these templates go over and look through her blog and see some of her videos. Any questions, leave her a comment and she will answer you! You can also go over to The Crafter's Workshop site to see their videos and Julies templates!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Go Create and Be Extraordinary!



3 comments:

  1. That IS a great sentiment stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that sentiment too. I am loving how you combine the different templates for your backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz