Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Think Spring - A New Abstract


Think Spring came about because the painting underneath it was UGLY!  GESSO to the rescue!  This time I applied all the paint with a Princeton Catalyst Mini Blade #5.  I only have #1 and #5 and I am so buying the rest of the set.

While the gesso was still wet I applied different shades of blue, green and yellow paint to the canvas.

 
 
I don't remember my thought process but I decided to add white gesso towards the top. I do turn my paints around and add more paint here and there to see different angles of the painting.  I so wish I took a close up of the texture. It's so cool looking.

 
 
As you can see I added more white gesso and green. It almost covers up the blue but I let it peek out a little.


I found a close up!!!! It still doesn't do it any justice.
 

 
When it dried I added a squiggle of dark blue and white paint to finish it.
 
 


Thanks so much for stopping by!
You can see more of my art on Instagram.







1 comment:

  1. That's a beauty, Karenliz - I so enjoy your abstract canvasses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz