Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Mixed Media Art Tags: I Spy .....

Stencils!  Can you see them on these tags?

There are many times I use stencils just for texture and you can't really see them. Stencils also can be used for many other elements in art.

Lets start with this art tag. I used two stencil images; one you can't really see and other you can.


I start my art tags by going through my drawer of scraps.


Then pull out scraps I want to use and start adding paint to the tags, scraps of paper and TCW Modeling Pastes.  This swan tag I painted the tag white and added the Ornate Border stencil.


Then I used acrylic paints, paper scraps to create the background. My mother painted the swans. I took a photograph of her painting and printed out the swans on card stock, fussy cut and used on this tag. To add the water I used the Ornate Border stencil with modeling paste and painted it in shades of blue.  Do you see the first stencil? You can see it a little behind the green branches behind the swans.

My next stencil I painted the tag in bright colors, used TCW modeling pastes, and paper scraps.


 


The new metallic modeling pastes by The Crafters Workshop are fantastic. Not because I'm on the design team but because I truly love them. There are a must try!!!   I also used the Ornate Border stencil again on the front of the tag, rub-ons, and scrap paper at the bottom. The butterfly is from my drawer of scraps.

My tags look so much better in person. You can see all the layers that were used to create them. Here are two more art tags I created for The Crafters Workshop. You can see how I created them by clicking HERE.


I hope you enjoyed this post. Thank you so much for stopping by and reading it.

1 comment:

  1. Colouriscious, texturiscious - what's not to love. These are marvellous, Karenliz, and I love the process photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz