Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Creating a Koi Pond with Stencils

One (there are many) favorite artist is, Claude Monet. I am so drawn to his paintings especially his water lilies. I could stare at them forever and so I decided to create my own water lilies painting.

I started with a 11x14 cradled wood board and painted in with TCW Black Gesso. Then using acrylic inks and water added green, yellow and some blue to the background.  When all the paint dried I used TCW433 Wildflowers stencil to the background.


Using modeling paste I added the fish from TCW499 Koi Pond stencil

 
 
 
 
After the modeling paste completely dried I painted the fish and then added the lily pads.
 

 
 
Here is a close up of the fish. 
 


I also added flowers to the lily pads with modeling paste and painted them in magenta.




Here is the finished piece. I really enjoyed creating this and there will be more in the future.
 
This painting was put up for a Breast Cancer auction where one lucky winner took it home.


Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful painting, Karenliz - like you, I'm enamoured with Monet and especially his ponds. This is a great tribute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz