Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Loving Florals


I love flowers and I'm drawn to floral paintings, any type and any style. Slowly I'm trying to paint them but I'm starting small.  I'm also trying to use brighter colors. Most of my paintings are dark because I love using black. Maybe it's my mood at the time (hmm doesn't sound good LOL).

This canvas was actually another painting I hated. Gesso to the rescue!!! I decided not to think just do something that looked floral and this is what happened.

Here is a close up of the flowers or berries. I dipped the end of a paint brush to create them. You can see the leaves are just a swoosh of green paint. Nothing difficult.

The funny thing is that I've been trying not to think and just create but having a hard time of it. I wish I can remember where my mind set was when I created this piece so I can do it again.  Working on abstracts I can just go with it but florals my mind and hands do not cooperate.
 
Maybe working towards abstract florals might help. I find I get frustrated practicing in my art journal that I stop altogether. I never seem to keep the focus going. Is there something you are dying to learn to paint but it never seems to work out?  Does your frustration stop you? 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You can see more of my art on Instagram.
Search for @karenlizhenderson


2 comments:

  1. This is great fun, Karenliz - I love how you just went for it, and then 'accidently' created something so awesome. Like you, I find a need to get out of my own way a lot. I've been working on more abstracted pieces in order to facilitate that, and my frustration levels are building, building, building....:D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz