Thursday, August 28, 2014

What To Do With Old Scrapbook Inserts

Years ago I purchased an album and inserts (5x7) from Creative Memories (no longer in business) and never used them.

You would create your page and then you would put a clear sleeve over it to protect the pages.
These inserts are great support for your pages and it has wire loops to attach to the album.
BUT they are great for creating art journal pages.
They are heavy duty and take a beating.

I used these Fragments from The Crafter's Workshop:
 TCW2043 Poppy Fragment
and
TCW2024 Rubber Bands Fragment

I first used gesso on the page.
I took the Rubber Bands Fragment and added gray paint to it and sprayed it with water.
I flipped it over on the page and repeated the process several times.
I used gesso through the Poppy Fragment and while wet added acrylic ink.
Once everything was dry I added the scrap papers and the quote.
Love the pink and gray!


 
Here is a close up of the Poppy. I used Heavy Gesso so it gives it some texture and dimension.

 
Do have products from a company that is no longer in business?
Try using them for something completely different!
 
Thank so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful artistic page. Love the gessoed poppy. Great idea to use an old item that's been hanging around so long, the company no longer exists lol. I guess if I looked, I'd find I had the same too. Love your blog, very inspiring. Your colourful artwork is wonderful. Pxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz