Tuesday, July 10, 2018

I Framed a Sunflower!!!

Well, not a real one. One of my favorite stencils from The Crafters Workshop is the Joyful Sunflower. Although I have quite a few favorites the flowers are the ones I use all the time. Today I'm going to show you my Design Team project for The Crafters Workshop.

The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with stencils and mediums to create this project.
The opinions I share are solely my own because I do love to use them.

I want to show you the fun background I created for this piece. It is something everyone can do! I found I had a box of pre-made corrugated cards so I thought it would be fun to use the card for mark making and texture. If you don't have the cards use cardboard or anything corrugated!

I took a piece 11" x 14" mixed media paper and added paint to it, sprayed it with water lightly, and then used the card to create the marks.  Keep move the card around the paper.


Since I have a whole box of these cards I will be using this technique over and over. For the background I used blue, white and black acrylic paint. I believe they were all Golden Paint but I can't guarantee it since there are always tons sitting on my table. I wish I could use just one brand. Do you only one brand of paint?

The background dried and I started adding the Joyful Sunflower. Remember to move your stencil designs around especially flowers. You'll see I created shadows behind the flowers by moving it.


I finished the piece and framed it right away. I'm in the process of varnishing paintings I want to keep and painting Gesso on the ones I don't want so I can start over.


You can see more of my tutorial on The Crafters Workshop blog. Don't forget to leave a comment and check out all the other projects created by the Design Team!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. That's a wonderful piece, Karenliz - it makes me happy just to look at it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz