Tuesday, August 28, 2018

TCW Gel Medium Gloss - When it Dries You Can See Right Through IT!

Hi Everyone.
Today I have a small Feather Abstract to show you. It's 5"x7" and I even have a few step out pictures.  I'm creating a Semi-Transparent Journal and this is a piece of that plastic I'm using.

I started out by using a brayer and adding paint to the background.  While the paint was wet I put a stencil on top and wiped away the paint. Sorry I don't remember which stencil I used. It was from The Crafters Workshop.

The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with stencils and mediums to create this project.
The opinions I share are solely my own because I do love to use them.


 
Then I added a stamp to the background with Archival Ink. The stamp is an old unmounted stamp and I do not know where it came from.
 
 
Here is where the fun happens. I added the feathers from TCW389 Fancy Feathers with TCW Gel Medium Gloss.  As you can see its white while its wet.
 
 
 BUT when it dries it's crystal clear.  I added some titanium white Golden High Flow Acrylic around the leaves.
 
 
 
Here is the finished piece.  I'm in love and will be making more of these.
 
 
I hope you try some TCW Gloss Gel Medium. It's so much fun to work with. Can you imagine all the possibilities?
Thank you so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Karenliz, and have always enjoyed playing with gel medium for that beautiful transparency factor. Your take on it is marvellous, especially with the white outline around the feathers! Gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz