Tuesday, August 7, 2018

on my mind, out of my mind, oh no my mind

Oh no my mind is right!!!! Working during beautiful warm sunny days all I'm thinking is I'm missing them. My mind is outside when it should be at my desk working. Summer goes by so fast. We really only have 8 weeks of good summer and this year it hasn't been that hot.

Here is a project I started. It's a 12" x 12" wooden pallet sign that I picked up on sale. I created a gorgeous background on it then I screwed up.  I was adding a quote with a TCW stencil and I hit the stencil by mistake and it all smeared. Since the modeling paste is so hard to clean up off wood I decided just the smear it around. Now it sits waiting to see what I'm going to do with it.


There are times I don't care whether modeling paste smears. Sometimes it can give the project extra texture.  Here is a page from my art journal.  You can see the TCW Octopus is a little wonky and the grasses and stones at the bottom are smeared.


During June I had family here from Florida. We had quite a few fun activities. We had family paint ball day with Goblies. Goblies are biodegradable paint balls filled with non-sticky plant based goo. All nontoxic. We bought them at Michaels.  The paint is washable and when the shirts were washed the paint was gone. We had fun throwing the paint balls at each other. You do have to wing them hard to get them to pop. It was easier to just smoosh them on each other. I did not get paid for this post I just wanted to share it.




 
Even in my hair .....
 
 
 
 
We also made slime. I don't have the recipe. I just had fun making and playing with it.
 
Someone added white paint to theirs.
 

This is mine.

 
 
The went by so fast and we all had a lot of fun.  Dinners, fires and Smores, ice cream, and play time. Perfect!!!
 
And when I'm on the phone at work I doodle.
 


 
That's it for today!
Thank you so much for stopping by!
(especially if you have read until the end)
 
 


1 comment:

  1. It must be summer, since you've been having so much fun. I LOVE those paint ball shirts, and wish I could find that product - it looks a blast! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your all your comments.

Karenliz